Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Weekend Recap and Exciting News

Once upon a time, I worked in retail.  I was 19 years old and our town was opening its very first mall.  Yes, really.  We had strip malls but we didn't have a real honest to goodness indoor walk around and eat a pretzel--mall.  I was so excited!  I remember showing up on the first day with my 1988 hair, and my shiny pink lip gloss all dressed up and ready to go.  Then, reality set in when I was on my feet for 7-8 hours a day selling clothes.  They were nice clothes, Jones New York and other nice brands at the time and I really loved staging the displays.  I spent most of my paycheck at the mall because I got a great discount.  Who doesn't love a discount and I was 19 so there you have it.

I think back on that time and realize that was easy!  This past weekend however, was not a walk in the park for this 40 something.  It's funny how much harder things are when you're a little older!  All that set up and tear down took its toll.

Things hurt that I didn't know could hurt in places I didn't know I had! 




 I have to say though, the weekend at Roses & Rust was exhausting but fun.  I met so many great people, sold lots of fun things and even took a few custom orders for ribbon, runners and pillows.  I'm excited to see where it all goes from here.

We're nearing the height of bazaar and craft fair season, but I really don't think I'm ready to load up and do another show anytime soon.  I will be selling on Etsy and Facebook for now and toying with the idea of the Christmas Show.

In the meantime, I'm regrouping and getting my house in order so I can finally share a house tour one of these days.

The exciting news I mentioned is that I purchased new floors for the kitchen, hallway, laundry and half bath!!!  I can't wait to get them installed.   First I plan to get the kitchen cabinets painted and hope to start on that this weekend.  We'll see! 

Have an amazing day!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished