Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dining Room Redesign!

When you love something in your home, do you tend to live with it untouched for a long time or do you have a tendency to just walk past it everyday while it fades into the background? Sort of like being at your Grandma's house where it feels like the same furniture has been in the same sport for your entire life?  It's familiar, it's comfortable.

I know that feeling, only my comfortable friend was in the form of a mirror that hung on the dining room wall....for about 9 years..that's way too comfortable.  I've traded out almost every piece of furniture under it and around it except for the table itself.  Well, it was time to change things up!  It worked for a really long time until I got tired of not being able to take photos without having the reflection of myself or the kitchen.  So, out it went. Instead I hung the framed chalkboard that I actually got by doing a trade with another vendor back in September when I did a vintage market. I also recently found the pegged shelves for a steal and added some of my ironstone plates.  I may add cups to the left side as well, it's a symmetry thing with me...
 

The room is a combination of new, old, handmade, re-purposed and thrift store and estate sale finds.The chandelier was painted a few years ago and I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or replace it...hence the reason I haven't rewired it to hang lower...we have really high vaulted ceilings so it's up pretty high since I swagged it. 


The rug is from Pottery Barn this past year, and the table we've had for about 10 years or more.  The buffet was a light wood color and was the first piece of bedroom furniture I bought as a single lady many years ago.  I cut the legs down and painted it when I relocated it to serve as the buffet.  

I made or reupholstered/painted a few items in this space myself, including the curtains, the upholstered bench and pillow, the wreath and the reupholstered antique chair in the corner which you can read about here.

All the ironstone was either found at estate sales or thrift stores.  The last thing on our list for this room other than the light fixture are putting up new baseboards because we pulled all of them out to replace our floors a couple months ago and haven't gotten around to that project yet.  Lastly, those beautiful spring flowers were a gift from the hubby a few days ago.  He's a sweetheart and said they were "just because" and he wanted me to know that he loved me, how sweet is that?

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave questions or comments!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished