Monday, April 27, 2015

Hello Before, Meet After....a Bench Makeover

Last week I made a quick lunch hour trip to the local thrift shop to donate some of my hubby's shoes.  I was going to drive up, drop off and go.  I pulled in and there it was right in front of me...a sad 90's era bench with heart cut outs in the wood.  The person in front of me was dropping it off.  I got out, took one look and told the employee that I wanted it and he said he'd price it for me right then.  So, home I went with bench and the matching sofa table.

 Here's the before....see those lovely hearts on the back and sides?

I was immediately drawn to it and knew I could bring it back to life again.  Weeks earlier I picked up a small shelf with a heart cut out that I also planned to redo, so the wheels were already turning when I saw this post from Kari Anne at Thistlewood Farms.  My bench had a few more hearts to cover so I went to work. 

This little bench got a whole lot of love and a brand new look!  Like botox for furniture...a little wood glue, sanding, an embellishment and some paint and here she is ready for her debut. 


  If I were keeping this piece I would have posted photos of it all dolled up with pillows and inside my house or on my porch. How cute would it be with a cushion too?  Sadly, I think this one isn't going to last the weekend...she's going straight to my booth.

I think someone is going to really love this piece for their home..on the porch or in the entryway for shoe storage or winter gloves and hats or whatever your heart ;) desires. 

 This cutie will be for sale this Saturday at Vintage to the Core

2 comments :

  1. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hearts be gone! You are such a ROCK STAR!

    Have a wonderful, wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished