Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lose the Clutter, Lose the Weight?

 Lose the Clutter, Lose the Weight
I'm a fan of Peter Walsh.  I have loved his no nonsense approach to helping people de-clutter their homes since I first saw him on his show, Clean Sweep years ago.  He's written several books and I've read a couple of them (when I was under a delusional spell that made me think I wanted to be a professional organizer at one time) yeah right, I can't even control my own mail pile!  Mail is my nemesis. totally. hate. it.  But, I have my moments of brilliance around the house when it comes to getting organized.  Then, I have moments of I give up, don't have time, total failure.  Such is life.

When I stumbled upon his new book I had to check it out from the library and read it.  I figured I had nothing to lose (haha), except some clutter and a few lb's evidently, so I checked it out and started reading.

Within the first chapter, Peter said something that rings true for all of us...

"If the stuff you own is not helping you create the life you want, then let it go."  

For those of us who own businesses that require us to collect items for resale, or that we create/craft or even home decor that we use to decorate our homes, I think we'd all have to admit that we have a lot of stuff around.  Sometimes it's neatly organized and sometimes it's not.  In the blog world it's smoke and mirrors most of the time.  Not everyone has a neat, clean and perfect house 24/7, it's just not reality. That is 100% true for me as well. 

After reading the book, I plan to use his six week guide to organize, however the diet and exercise he shares is nothing new and can be found anywhere. 

How about you?  Need a little organization in your life?  Are you already there? Either way, I would recommend any of Peter's books to you. 

My personal favorite was this one... 
It's All Too Much

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished