Monday, August 31, 2015

Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins!

I have a vivid memory from my childhood, around the age of 4 when I was standing in the kitchen with my Mom as she made popcorn for my brother and I.  Mom didn't have a fancy air popper or anything of the sort.  If you wanted popcorn at home in the 70's you made it on the stove in a pot with oil.  Once the oil heated in the pot the first kernels would begin to pop, hitting the lid with a "ting" "ting" sound that I can still hear today.  My brother and I would jump up and down on the kitchen floor and giggle and laugh and pretend to be popcorn kernels popping, jumping and yelling "pop", "pop" "pop" as Mom slid the pot back and forth over the burner.  Mom would always top the popcorn off with a little butter and a little salt, and it was oh so good.  Such a fun memory.

Everything my Mom makes tastes so good and that has never changed. She is a naturally amazing cook and a gifted recipe creator and experimenter.  I wish I had her talent and love for it, but I don't.  I can cook and I do, but not like that.  What I love is baking. Baking is my thing.  Cooking dinner, not so much. 

With Fall just around the corner I started thinking about a little baking experiment of my own.  I have been pinning away on Pinterest and came across several versions of two ingredient muffins and doughnuts.  I decided to finally try it out.  I chose the spice cake and pumpkin muffin version.  Oh my.....yummy!

It really doesn't get much easier than this, truly and these are delish!  Here's the recipe that I used, topping them off with homemade cream cheese frosting.

1 box of spice cake mix (any brand will do)
1 15oz. can of pumpkin (pure pumpkin, not pumpkin mix)

At this point you can add chocolate chips or nuts or anything else you like.  And That's It!!!

Stir the two ingredients thoroughly, spoon into muffin tin using liners, and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (time may vary depending on your oven).  I made 12 muffins and baked them for close to 20 minutes. Once baked, let them cool completely and frost with your favorite icing!

Here's a quick and easy cream cheese frosting recipe that I used:

1 stick of butter (room temperature)
1 8 oz brick of cream cheese (room temperature)
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Place butter, cream cheese and vanilla in mixer, blend together until creamy.  Add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated and fluffy.

Done. And. Yum.


 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished