Friday, September 4, 2015

Early Fall Home Tour 2015




I truly love fall.  It has always been my favorite time of the year.  I have gone on many Oregon coast vacations in the fall, fallen in love in the fall (more than once), gotten married in the fall, purchased my first car as a teenager in the fall, I even have a fall birthday.  As they say, It is well with my soul.
I love everything about fall.  I love the cool mornings, the mild days, the festivals, pumpkins, football games and the beautiful colors of turning leaves with shades of red, orange and yellow.

I thought I'd give you all a little tour of the house today with a few fall touches. 

Let's start with a warm welcome inside. My theme is "Happy Fall" this year.  You can see a peak of the newly painted front door which went from red to black.



My greeters...who will be so excited to see you! Yes, that's doggie slobber on the glass, it's a never ending clean up job for me...


I'll save the front porch reveal for later this fall when I will have real pumpkins on display.  It's a bit early yet around here to find pumpkins.

Welcome, you made it past the wiggle butts and boxer kisses.  Please come in...

Near the front door you'll find our landing area...keys, mail, etc. Feel free to drop your purse anywhere....






Next we have the sofa table with an ironstone pitcher and candles. I kept this area clean and simple for now.


Looking to the right you'll see this on the shelf.


And this nearby...

The covered bridge wall hanging is made of linen and I found it for a dollar at a flea market!  I tacked it to a mirror that happened to be the perfect size.  You would never know there is a vintage mirror under there would you? 





Let's go into the living room and have a look around...













In the dining area the buffet is ready for fall, keeping it simple.  As soon as we can get real pumpkins around here I'll be replacing the fake one, but for now this will do.




I had to share this old picture I found while thrifting one afternoon.  It's beat to heck but i love it anyway.
top of the cabinets...


New chair location since I put the wine cart in its place.

 In the coming weeks I'll be planting more of these beautiful mums and I'll share part two of the fall tour later in October with the front porch and maybe a fall table setting.  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today!   Go check out some of the other amazing blogs on the fall home tour!



Stringtown Home



If you'd like to see more of Lilac Drive, please follow me here, or Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Periscope too! 




Linking to:

Fearlessly Creative Mammas


The Idea Room


35 comments :

  1. Hi Colleen, Love your home tour. So many wonderful vintage pieces and a neutral palette looks so great for fall. Happy Fall for sure.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen - Visiting as a fellow contributor at the Harvest Home Tour. Love all of your decorations! Happy fall to you! Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the Harvest Home Tour as a fellow participant! I loved the leaves made from old book pages. Your mantle is exquisite! I loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colleen,
    I'm visiting as a fellow participant of the Harvest Tour of Homes.
    I love your decor...the picture of the old house with pumpkins and apples is adorable!
    Lori from LL Farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! Isn't that fun? I have the winter tray as well, I love them!

      Delete
  5. Hi Colleen, I am visiting from the Harvest Home Tour. I love the neutrals in your decor and all the vintage pieces…beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I am also participating in the tour! Love your mantel! I just did a tablescape with the Liberty Blue dishes ;) Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came back to follow you! Would you be ok if I featured your post on my FB page next week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! Thank you! Yes, that would be great!

      Delete
  8. Came back to follow you! Would you be ok if I featured your post on my FB page next week?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved, Loved the pumpkins & silver on the mantel...was going to put all my silver on the buffet but now will put some on mantel..Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeannie! Happy Fall and happy decorating! Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  10. Hi Colleen, I'm visiting from the Harvest Home Tour as a fellow participant. I love the color scheme that you have chosen for your home....gorgeous. We don't have pumpkins available in our area yet either , so I made some fabric ones to use for now. I'll be watching for part 2 of your fall decorating...hugs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny, thank you so much for the sweet compliment! Yes, I can't wait for the pumpkins to arrive around here, I'm really itching to add more fall to the front porch. Thanks for stopping by to say hi today!

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Colleen, I'm visiting from My Life From Home on the fall blog hop! I love your ironstone. I just began collecting it myself. I had to laugh because I have almost the exact same scale and pumpkin picture from my home in the hop! Great decorating minds thing a like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Thank you so much! I love ironstone so much, I look for it wherever I go (estate sales, thrift stores). I have a Pinterest board called Ironstone Love...you should follow it! Thanks for stopping by today, Happy Fall to you!

      Delete
  13. I'm stopping by as a participant in the blog hop too. Love that wreath on your front door! Looks great with that door color. A and of course it is always nice to have four-legged friends as greeters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley, thank you so much and thanks for stopping by today! Yes, my boxer "kids" love visitors :)

      Delete
  14. I am so glad I was able to get back and find your lovely blog...everything looks FABULOUS..great job lady! I AM A NEW FOLLOWER..took me awhile to back track and get to everyone but it has been FUN-hope you enjoyed doing it-now we have a bit of a head start..I like that-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jonell! Thanks for following! Happy Fall to you, a head start is always good!

      Delete
  15. I love your Happy Fall tags and the pictures you have displayed. The covered bridge picture is so pretty. I love those things, although we don't have any around my place. I'm stopping over from the Harvest Home Tour. Kathleen @ Fearlessly Creative Mammas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen, thank you! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  16. Goodness! There are so many gorgeous things you've set out. OOOOH! The thrift store steal (your "beaten up" pic) is FABULOUS!! I love it when I find something like that. The list could go on..... so much good stuff. You're very talented, and I am so grateful that you shared your talent with us on the Harvest Tour of Homes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Thanks so much for hosting and thank you for the sweet compliments, it means so much, thank you!! I spent the day working on my front porch for fall...I just need pumpkins but they don't show up for a few more weeks, darn it! I'm actually amazed I'm this far ahead on my fall decorating, it's a miracle really, haha. I'll be posting a part 2 of the home tour in October. Thanks again!!

      Delete
  17. "wiggle butts and boxer kisses" LOL too funny :)

    You've done an amazing job of decorating your home for Fall. I love all the little touches here and there mixed in with your vintage finds. Very cute!

    Visiting from Heather's tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you so much! Yes, I love those boxers, they're my "kids". Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  18. Hi, Colleen

    You have such beautiful pieces. I love the silver trays and the pumpkins well I love it all. I am stopping by from the Harvest home tour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Vanessa! Thank you so much and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Colleen,

    I LOVE your whole tour! And I have those same pillows!!!!!! Hahahaha! Great decorating minds think alike!

    Happiest of days to you, friend!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karianne! Yes, great mind do indeed think alike :) Thanks for stopping by the tour! Hugs to you!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished