Monday, November 9, 2015

Glam-Rustic Thanksgiving Table Setting


I just made up a word...Glam-Rustic.  It's a little glam mixed with a little rustic.  I like it.  It's the only way to describe the table setting I'm sharing today.  I mixed pine cones with a little farm house flair, grain sack, ironstone and transfer ware, with silver and mercury glass.  It's a glam-rustic mash up. I photographed it with silverware and without, I also opted to leave the glasses off the table, which makes it hard to photograph.

Of course, nothing says glamorous quite like a candelabra, right?  But a candelabra on a vintage grain sack? I'm in love.  It's like wearing rhinestones with your plaid flannel and leather with your lace.

This table setting would be perfect for Christmas or New Years Eve too just by switching out some of the plates and maybe replace the pumpkins with a few ornaments or sprigs of evergreen.






I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and are able to celebrate with family and friends. You certainly don't need a fancy table setting to celebrate, you just need each other, right?  I'd be equally happy eating from a tv tray, so long as the people I love are with me.

We're awaiting the arrival of a sweet baby girl, due on Thanksgiving day.  My niece is expecting her first baby...it's the first grandchild for my brother and the first great-grand baby for my parents who are soooo excited to meet this little angel.  We can't wait to meet her and be a Great-Auntie!

Linking to: 
Work It Wednesday

 The Scoop! 

A Stroll Thru Life! 

2 comments :

  1. I love it, Glam-Rustic! Great table setting too, so glad you found me on Hometalk, love knowing another blogger in town. Maybe one day we'll meet up and share our love of design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished