Saturday, December 12, 2015

Cozy Ski Lodge Inspired Winter Living Room Tour 2015



Welcome Friends! I hope you're enjoying your winter wherever you are and not going too crazy getting ready for the holidays. Don't forget to breathe!

This year I decided to do something a little different.  I'm decorating for the winter season.  We decorate for spring, summer and fall, so why does winter have to be all about the holiday itself? I decided there are no rules here!  This year I went with a wintry ski lodge vibe in the living room. The tree will go up soon, but isn't included in these pictures.  We weren't going to put one up this year and then once we found out we were having family stay with us I really wanted the tree to go up so that will happen over the weekend.  


The adorable snow flake is made by a local artist and I picked it up recently at the winter Vintage to the Core Christmas market.  She used antique baseboard pieces for this creation.  I love it! 


After New Year's I'll take out the lights, but for now I love the glow they bring to the room at night.


I re-purposed an old thrift store lithograph into a ski lodge sign.
If you look closely you can see a red sleigh dashing through the snow!


One of my favorite Pottery Barn pillows makes the chair nice and cozy by the fireplace.




 The ice skates are from the 50's, aren't they cute? 


 I found the rocking horse at Tai Pan Trading
 and made the cocoa sign out of a left over piece of flooring.



The cute stuffed reindeer was also a Tai Pan Trading find.




 My Christmas Cactus is getting ready to bloom again.

 


I love this Currier & Ives tray. I found a set of three in perfect condition on a recent thrift store trip. 



The tool box on the back of sofa table is filled with greenery and ironstone plates.



A glimpse of the antique trunk that we use for a coffee table.  
I don't really show it much because my living room is so hard to photograph...
 


I snapped a few pictures of my boxer babies too. 



That's all I have for today.  
I hope to share some dining room decor soon.  Thank you for stopping by today friends! 
I hope you all enjoy your holiday and time spent with your family and friends this season! 

sharing over at:  

7 comments :

  1. Wow! That is stunning! Thanks for the tour!
    Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! Thanks for stopping in to take the tour today!

      Delete
  3. That snowflake!

    That snowflake!

    That snowflake!

    What a great piece and your entire home looks wonderful!

    Merry Christmas friend!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Karianne! You're so sweet :) Merry Christmas to you my friend!

      Delete
  4. So many beautiful touches! Love the ice skates and omg that snowflake is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished