Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Down a County Road....A New Sign

Hi Friends!
 
I spent a little time adding new blinds to the kitchen windows recently.  I have to say, being a 40 something and climbing up and down a step ladder multiple times and standing on the counter is hard on a girl! I was totally sore the next day, no lie.  Gotta love a corner sink and window (not)...it's an awkward space and it's hard to reach.  It was all worth it in the end, because the new blinds look great.  While I was up there standing on my counters, I hung my new sign that I found in the basement of an antique shop in Minneapolis while on a recent trip.  I love it!  The minute I saw it I knew it would be coming home in my suitcase.  




I go back and forth on whether or not I want to put curtains on these windows. Being corner windows over the sink, it's almost better without them, what do you think?  If I put anything up it would be a cafe style, something without pattern because the rest of the curtains I made in this room have a lot of pattern. Decisions, decisions. 

4 comments :

  1. I think I like the windows just as they are!

    That way all the attention is on the sign. :)

    Happy day friend!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean about that ladder climbing ~ it's a killer. I love your kitchen! I myself have a thing about curtains, I love them in the winter, they make my home feel warm and homier, and in the summer I take them down and try and bring as much of the outside in. Maybe try hanging a curtain with a tension rod just to see how you like it so no climbing and drilling and stuff has to be done before you make up your mind :) And I was wondering, can you tell me what color that is you have on the walls? I'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Yes, planned on a tension rod for sure if I decide to do it. The wall color is Pecan Sandie by Behr. It's a nice neutral beige. Thanks so much for stopping by today and leaving a comment :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished